Skip to content

World Champion Horse Equipment Trailer Fire

The mobile tack unit for World Champion Horse Equipment suffered an electrical short that caused a fire in the living quarters of the trailer at a rest area en route to the Raleigh, N.C. horse show. No one was hurt, and Chuck and Lynn Hutchinson and their dogs escaped without injury. Chuck did lose most of his possessions that were in the living quarters, and a big portion of the World Champion inventory will be a loss due to smoke damage.

David Thomas, owner of World Champion Horse Equipment, said that they will ground this mobile unit until the insurance companies come to a settlement, but in the meantime they will mobilize another mobile unit and plan to be at Pro Am in full force. Chuck Hutchinson and Rick Womack did attend the first few days of the Raleigh horse show in order to fulfill orders for equipment needed at the show, but they have returned to Shelbyville, Tennessee to begin the transition to the other mobile unit.

More Stories